Quoting Brooke, “The Sunshine Blogger Award is an award given to bloggers by bloggers. It is given to bloggers who are positive and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere”.
So, thank you, Brooke, for the lovely nomination and responding to your questions:
- When did you start your first blog and if it is not the current one, about what was it?
I started my first blog back in 2004. It was called ‘View from my desk’, where I shared random musings when I felt like it. I removed it after a decade because I just wanted to focus on my two current blogs – this one and my food blog.
- Dream travel destination?
Currently, it is New Zealand.
- Name one book/movie that has inspired you
Razor’s Edge by Somerset Maugham.
- What countries have you traveled to?
I have traveled to over 25 countries, the most recent one being UK.
- Tell something funny that has happened to you in a plane
I remember a funny conversation on my first time on a budget airline that had started operating in Sri Lanka. I had been delighted that I had got a return air ticket quite cheaply, until my neighbours on my flight chatted about the affordability of the airfare. I learnt that they had paid one-third of what I had paid for my flight. That was my intro to the big sales and seasonal discounts offered by budget airlines and I found it really funny that contentment can be quite relative.
- What is your own favorite post from your blog?
My favourite post from my blog, Arctic Lessons, is on my travel to Kiruna, Sweden, in search of the northern lights. I also wrote it a long time ago, during my pre-blogging years, and I enjoyed writing it without having any audience in mind.
- What are your three must listen road trip songs?
I don’t have specific must listen road trip songs but go with my mood. This means that when I listen to the same song back home, I am taken back to that particular road trip.
- Do you believe in destiny?
I do believe that we meet certain people or experience certain things in life that we are meant/ destined to, but that we are free to make choices on how we wish to deal with these experiences.
- Share your secret blogging advice with everyone
Blog link ups. It is not a secret but blog link ups are a great way to come across other bloggers, who blog on similar themes as you do. Since I participated in my first travel blog link up back in May, I have come across over 100 travel blogs which I enjoy reading.
- Train, car, ship or plane travel? Which one do you prefer?
Trains. I prefer to travel by trains over land.
- Introduce your blog in three words
A traveler’s tales.
Passing on the blog award, I am delighted to name my 11 nominations for the Sunshine blogger award.
- Mandy @Emm in London
- Carolann @Finding Ithaka
- Lauren @Lauren on Location
- Michelle @Michwanderlust
- Cathy @Mummy Travels
- Van @Snow in Tromso
- Clare @Suitcases and Sandcastles
- Isabel @The sunny side of this
- Katy @Untold Morsels
- Elizabeth @Wander Mum
- Marcella @What a wonderful world
If you choose to pass on the blog award, please display the sunshine blogger award logo in your post as well as answer my five questions for you.
- Why do you travel?
- Do share a travel experience that moved you deeply.
- Which is your current dream destination?
- What blogging advice would you give for other travel bloggers?
- Do share a motivational quote or short verse that has often inspired you.
Have a wonderful day!